Jean Nicholson

Jean Nicholson of Winchester passed away suddenly on June 3, 2003.
She was born and raised in the Ettyville area. She married Geordie Nicholson on December 13, 1954 at Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Chesterville. After they were married, they moved to a farm on the Nation River near Winchester, and she had lived there for the past 49 years.
Mrs. Nicholson was a very capable woman and she worked alongside her husband on the dairy farm for many years. She was a woman of great strength through all of life’s trials and tribulations. She was at peace with herself and she always showed great bravery, especially after Geordie’s death in 1999.
She was an active member of Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Chesterville where she served as a member of the Altar Guild. She enjoyed attending dances in Metcalfe, featuring the Old Time Fiddlers. And she loved animals, especially dogs. She will be sadly missed by her faithful companion, her dog Lucky. She also enjoyed travelling, whether it was going on short Sunday drives or longer trips to such destinations as British Columbia or the Maritimes.
She is survived by sister Leona (Jack) Johnston of Kingston; brother-in-law Lorne Muldoon of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan; and sisters-in-law Doris (Mervyn) Blaney of Almonte, Nina (Garrett) Ryan of Fournier, and Erma Bradley of Fournier. She was predeceased by her parents, Elswood and Gladys Derby (nee Robillard); sister Marion Muldoon; and brother Cresswell Derby. She is also survived by many nieces and nephews.
Visitation and funeral services were held at Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Chesterville, on June 6. The funeral service was conducted by Rev. Brian Kauk. Interment was at Maple Ridge Cemetery in Chesterville. The pallbearers were Sheila Johnston, Ruth Proudfoot, John Vreman, Tom Reid, Hal Johnston and Chris McMillan.
Donations to the Humane Society or the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be gratefully acknowledged by the family. Arrangements were entrusted to the Marsden and McLaughlin Funeral Home in Williamsburg.