CHESTERVILLE – A native son is coming home.
In a deal struck last week by North Dundas Rockets general manager Robyn Sadler, Brett Lannin will be in his hometown club’s line-up this fall.
Lannin is coming in from the Junior “A” Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League where he suited up for the Elliot Lake Wildcats, captaining the squad last season. In all, he recorded 19 points in 48 games on the blueline.
Sadler said the addition of the 6’2”, 200-pound Lannin only helps to solidify the Rockets’ defence core, which also boasts the addition of former Casselman Vikings captain Brady
Cloutier, as well as North Dundas stalwarts Brodie Barkley, Cameron Brown and Pierce Egan.
“As general manager, I couldn’t be happier that we were able to get a deal done to bring Brett back home for his final two years of junior hockey,” Sadler added. “The back end of this team is definitely shaping up to be the anchor of our club.”
News and notes
• Two other former Vikings will be in the Rockets line-up next season, with Embrun natives Brady Cloutier and Joel Hunt inking deals with North Dundas.
• Former Chesterville Flyer Chris Van Bridger has been named the Rockets’ head of player development.
• Last season’s starting goaltender for North Dundas, Reilly Tondreau, is sticking with the club. Now, however, he’ll be on the bench as an assistant coach.
• Forward Zenon Biron, a 10th round pick of the Cornwall Colts in 2016, who last season skated with the Morrisburg Lions has been acquired in a deal with the South Dundas club. In return, the Lions get Rockets’ longtime defenceman Tanner Barnett.
• Brodie Barkley will wear the “C” next season for North Dundas. Assistants include Jarrett Williams, Cameron Brown and Justin Lefebvre.
• The Rockets will again be hosting a “skills and drills” camp later this summer at the Joel Steele Community Centre in Winchester. Camp opens Mon., Sept. 2. Email Dayna Young at email@example.com or call 613-612-3481 for details.